Help, ATI radeon 32MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerkSide

In Runtime
The manual says to install AGP drivers for non intel based chipsets, my device manager does not show an AGP controller,
after i installed the hardware , and plugged the monitor cable into the card , nothing happens when i reboot , just blk screen,
i didnt have any card before, i think it was onboard graphics,
SiS 630/730, what the hell am i doing wrong?

Or, if the BIOS setup doesn't contain the option, boot up in Safe Mode and disable the onboard graphics controller through the device manager manually.

Ok , i disabled the onboard graphics, the display got really large ,
the hardware wizard found the card and when i tried to install the driver i got an error code saying the device wont start.

I'm not to familiar w/ BIOS, do i acess it at startup? Also when i try to run the disk that came w/ the card I get a warning msgbox,
"Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software config, Please make sure you have the required hardware or software. " WTF???

It's F2 if you have PhoenixBIOS, and DEL if you have Award or AMI

BTW, the newest official ATI Catalyst driver set for Radeon series can be downloaded off ATI's site. :)

Everything looks good in the BIOS , i downloaded the catalyst
drivers, their installation wizard is a piece of $hit , can i install them manually , i'm running xp pro , so i'm guessing they go to
system32?

If possible, just decompress them to a temporary location, and install it manually by having Windows finding the driver from that directory.

Don't forget to download and install the ATI Control Panel as well if you haven't done so already.

BTW, did you install your SiS AGP driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom