LIVE! Messenger showing wrong status - urgent help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti_DOOM

In Runtime
After running all the updates, uninstalling and re-installing, googling, and all-day virus and spyware scans...it still says im offline even though im clearly online!! it really starting to annoy me. The thing is i can still talk to people but they just cant see im online or send me invitiations for file transfer, audio conversation ect....if there is anything that anybody can tell me that might help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim.

Are you sure your account is not set to appear offline? It sounds like it's working, but it could just be your away status.

with windows live messenger u can still talk to people while appearing offline so maybe your status is appear offline

Ulti_DOOM said:
it still says im offline even though im clearly online!!

no, that was the first thing i looked at, otherwise i wouldent of bothered posting up here :) Im starting to think it might be an unknown trojan.

I have the same problem, I just upgraded form msn messenger 7.5 to windows live messenger and my friends tell me im apearing offline, dunno what to do

No i think its out of tht BETA now only the Windows live mail beta is which sucks anyway........ What version is your Windows Live messennger ? im using the Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812 version works fine

NvidiaDude said:
What version is your Windows Live messennger ? im using the Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812 version works fine

Im using Windows Live Messenger build 8.0.0812 as well, i think it all started when i blocked somebody and they blocked me at the same time...that might have something to do with it i dont know. What version are you using Morrty? maybe its something we need to notify microsoft about?

sorry to double post, but i just found out something else on this...i know now that when im logged in it shows one of my old display pics...a really old one. but this is only visible to the person i am talking to, what i see is a completely different pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom