Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah and btw that mobo will go 1066/800MHz w/ the DDR2 standard at 800. so yeah you can get DDR2-800 ram so problem. and even OC it up to 1066 if you wanted/could.

EDIT that's also the ram i was telling you to get over the 4-5-4-15 timed ram. it's a little cheaper and better. but once again you might have to set timings manually.

hmm, well i guess ill try and free up some room for the ds3, but the thing is that motherboard is like 75 bucks cheaper after rebate...
ok i did some budgeting, and i cut out from my mouse and power supply. Anyone see any problems with this PSU?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817138002
so i was able to fit the DS3 into my budget. So if anyone could comment on the reliability of that PSU I would be thankful. Im ordering this tomorow afternoon, so i need some feedback. The reviews on new egg all said it was exelent, but i don't want to get one that will fry everything. Ill look at zipzoom fly for better deals on RAM, tigerdirect charges tax in NC :(

DO NOT get that PSU. PSU's are the last thing you wanna cheap out on. if you get a bad one it's more likely to break or something. if that happens...hope you didn't like you're system cuz about all of it's going to be getting replaced.

and the ballistics are pretty good from what i hear. what's your budget? and specs for it?

well im trying to save some money to get that DS3 MoBo. I cut down from an antec smartpower for 70 dollars to the one there, and thats what got it into my range. So im gonna see if i can take 10 dollars here and there.

well what are your other specs? cuz then i could help if you want.

you could always jsut do what i'm doing now. only get a 1gb stick and then upgrade to another later when you've got the money. that'd probably free up $70-130 depending on how much $ you were gonna spend to begin with.

P5B-Deluxe / 1GB Patriot 6400 / E6400

I have been only able to reach 2.9Ghz (Load OS and Desktop, run CPUz, surf a bit...then crash!) Prime95 is out of the question.

Right now I am running Rock-solid at 2.6Ghz @ 1.408V. Idle temp is 39C, load is 51C (24hrs Prime95). I ran Prime95 for 36 hours (approx) and found that the temp range and fluctuations remain the same.

Here are some particulars:

8 x 325 = 2600 (FSB = 1300) / 1.408V / 39C-51C
RAM @ 406 / 2.05
4:5 RAM divider
PCI-E Clock locked @ 100Mhz
PCI locked @ 33.3Mhz
Disabled Spread Spectrum
Disabled EIST
Disabled C1E

P5B users will need to re-flash the BIOS to ver. 0507 to unlock some of the options.

I would like to run 24/7 at 2.8 - 2.9 Ghz, but I will have to fiddle with the CPU settings.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions. I am not trying to break records, but would like to run at psuedo-E6800 speeds

I believe that the the vCore shouldn't run above 1.45V and the CPU temp should stay below 60C. Is that accurate?

I have read that using a lower multi can help. I was using x7, but Prime kept failing, maybe due to the RAM divider - an aspect that I am still learning about.

Please share your experience and knowledge if you are so inclined. Thanks.

well i found where i needed to take away forom, it was my video card. I was spending way more than i needed for the same specs on a card. I freed up enough money for the MoBo and that g0skill ram, unfortunately the video card was such a deal new egg sold out by the next morning! so now im looking for another video card around the low 100's. I may save some money by getting a smaller hard drive, those are cheap enough that i can add one easily later on.

Re: P5B-Deluxe / 1GB Patriot 6400 / E6400

Syrillian said:
I have been only able to reach 2.9Ghz (Load OS and Desktop, run CPUz, surf a bit...then crash!) Prime95 is out of the question.

Right now I am running Rock-solid at 2.6Ghz @ 1.408V. Idle temp is 39C, load is 51C (24hrs Prime95). I ran Prime95 for 36 hours (approx) and found that the temp range and fluctuations remain the same.

Here are some particulars:

8 x 325 = 2600 (FSB = 1300) / 1.408V / 39C-51C
RAM @ 406 / 2.05
4:5 RAM divider
PCI-E Clock locked @ 100Mhz
PCI locked @ 33.3Mhz
Disabled Spread Spectrum
Disabled EIST
Disabled C1E

P5B users will need to re-flash the BIOS to ver. 0507 to unlock some of the options.

I would like to run 24/7 at 2.8 - 2.9 Ghz, but I will have to fiddle with the CPU settings.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions. I am not trying to break records, but would like to run at psuedo-E6800 speeds

I believe that the the vCore shouldn't run above 1.45V and the CPU temp should stay below 60C. Is that accurate?

I have read that using a lower multi can help. I was using x7, but Prime kept failing, maybe due to the RAM divider - an aspect that I am still learning about.

Please share your experience and knowledge if you are so inclined. Thanks.
It sounds weird, but the P5B D has had problems with FSB settings in the 300 range. People have had OC's unstable at 350 or something, but then are fine at 401+.

I would try going straight to 401FSB with RAM 1:1 and see what happens.

Also make sure your RAM has plenty of juice. Most boards will not set vdimm correctly for PC6400 RAM as it usually takes like 2.0-2.1 vdimm.

You might want to give a little boost to NB/FSB voltage as well.

Yes i saved all the money i needed! I even have 20 dollars left in my budget, is it worth it to get aftermarket cooling for my e6300, or would i need more money for something better than my stock fan/heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom