New system rarely boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatCon5

Beta member
Hello all, I'm new here so just wanted to say thanks for having me, my name is Matt.

Now, on to my problem.. I just recently bought a new computer. My specs are, for the record.

Thermaltake Armor Jr. (Front intake and a rear exhaust fan)
*Enermax Noistaker 485W PSU
MSI Neo-F Conroe P965
Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz stock
OCZ PC6400 800Mhz "Special Ops" (2x1gig)
BFG 7900GT OC
2X Western Digital 2500JS 250G 8MB Cache
LG DVD Burner
LG CD Burner
Zippy Super Slim Multimedia Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Gamring Grade Optical Mouse
Logitech X-530 Speaker System
Running Windows XP Home Edition

Now, my issue. When I get it to boot correctly, and from within windows if I soft reset, or if I shut it down all together, when I power it on, or it starts to boot from reseting, the case fans come on, the LED light turns on, I hear the everything power on. But, my monitor stays in standby, I never get to see anything, it never comes back on. I hear no post beeps or anything. The monitor is a Dell E773c CRT using the adapter to plug it into my BFG 7900GT OC. The BIOS are up to date, and have be reflashed, all the settings are normal. I've had the guys that put it together test it, run it through benchmarks before I got it, all was well. Now I got this problem, I had it sent back, reflashed, retested, and they say all is well. It restarts for them just fine, but not for me. So I am assuming its something on my end. The mouse is using an adapter for PS/2, the keyboard is USB, plugged into a USB port.

I am completely baffled at this, and cannot get this problem solved it seems. Is there anyone here that can help me?

Thank you all in advance!

I forgot to mention, I have tried another monitor.. I have however not tried reseating, I'll give that a go myself, even though the two techs that handled my system when I first starting having this issue said they reseated everything and tested it all. That's the funny thing. Rob (The Tech that put the finishing touches on this rig) said he must have reseted the system about 15 times without trouble, the other tech (Mark, that tested the system a third time, reseted it about 8 times in a row) But I'll give your suggestions another try.

Anyone else have some insight to pass along?

Thank you

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm rather desperate... it's been like this for about a week now...

Try lowering your resolution, and refresh rate.
Don't know if this will do anything but it's worth a try.

Also, if you can get your hands on another video card, try swapping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom