Speaker/Sound Card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Noob

In Runtime
I was just wondering if i could use on-board sound to run these Speakers . Also if the on-board doesnt work, what would be a budget sound card taht would support it? i pretty much need to keep the total below $120. that total includes the speakers which are $60.

thx in advance

The sound chips on newer mobos should handle that. I know mine can.

how about if i have an emachines... T6420 is the model if that helps? otherwise it only has the green input thing for sound.. lol... i obviously dont know much about sound cards or speakers

One of my secrets... But anyway-

I use this site to get the configuration of most eMachines (except for the newest models):
http://www.priorityonesupport.com/home.asp

Once I got the model of your motherboard, I googled it to get the manufacturer. Since it pulled it up as a variation of a standard one by MSI, I checked NewEgg. Once I found it there, I scolled down and looked at the audio of the board.

Simple, eh?

sounds pretty neat. when i was looking at the pictures of the speakers, i noticed there are alot more connectors than just the green one im used to. do i need to connect all of the red ones and stuff to play out of all speakers or will i only need that one green slot again?

thx again

The one green one goes to the computer. Everything else plugs into the bass.

aight cool. when i saw it i was a little concerned lol. but thx again and hopefully that was the last thing i needed.

I seem to have the same exact speakers (except that I'm only using the subwoofer and the two main speakers.)

Anyway, what I was going to say was that it has more then just the "green" plug to go into the PC. Sure enough, a lot of the plugs go into the seperate speakers, but there is a total of 3 plugs for the PC.

I've only got one plugged in, but my guess is that if you want all 5 speakers for a complete surround sound, you will need to plug the other two in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom