newbie with some needed advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

randblov3

Beta member
I'm trying to put together a nice high-end PC and i dont really know much about it, but i am getting some help from people. This is my setup and i wanted to know what you guys think and if it would work. I'm not much of a gamer either.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
CPU

Mobo: Asus P5b
P5b

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar 250 GB/ 16mb buffer
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101220-12-316603

Memory: Corsair TWIN2X2048-5400C4 2GB DDR2-675
Corsair

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Sound

Video Card: Asus EN7600GS Silent/HTD GeForce 7600 GS PCI Express 512MB DDR2
Video

DVD Drive: Lite-on 16x DVD Burner
Dvd drive

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Looks good, you dont really need the sound card, you could use that money to get a better video card even though your not into games but its still good for resale

NIce for what you are going to do with it. Are you going to overclock it for better performance.

i have no clue what overclocking is for... but i'm really into music and media so i think i'll stick with the sound card.

My budget is no more than $1300, that's including my full tower case which is $129.99 and my keyboard/mouse which is $55.99 so my budget is close to about $1100. I'm not looking to spend more because i still have to get myself a new monitor.

Do you guys have any more suggestions? Is that case good? or should i get something else?

get a 7600gt because it comes with a fan and the 7600gs only has a heatsink.

unless your using it as a media center pc, then stick with the gs.

goblue14 said:
get a 7600gt because it comes with a fan and the 7600gs only has a heatsink.

unless your using it as a media center pc, then stick with the gs.

I couldn't find 7600gt for a 512 ... do you think a 7600gt with 256 is better?

Thanks for the help guys, i've made my order and it's going to be everything i put up earlier. You guys are very helpful too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom