Is Core Duo the same as Dual Core??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, A 3.6ghz was the same price as a 3.2ghz dual core when I last looked. But since then you can get a 3.4ghz 65nm Dual core for the same price as a 3.6 single 90nm core, meaning in real world they will be identicle in single threaded apps. Sorry if I confused you with this. :p

Core duo is dual core designed with low electricital requirements to be used in laptops. It is better than a Pentium D dual core, and alot more efficient so can over clock well. Core 2 Duo is the better chip.

Rawan AbuSalman said:
wow!!now im even more lost!!lolz!!

didnt pentoum d turn out to be the same as core duo??
(just to get things straight.....core duo is dual core...core 2 duo is the conroe...right??)

sorry for all these newbie questions!!:D

All those I mentioned are dual cores except Pentium 4. Yes Core 2 Duo is the Conroe. Pentium D is not the Core Duo.

ooh..i think i get the picture now!!

So Pentium D is Dual Core...

Core Duo is the one used in laptops...more efficient than Dual Core...

And Core Duo 2 is....well..core duo 2!!lolz!

So my choice for desktops...(taking into consideration that Dual Core 2 is out of the budget...)is between Core Duo and the Hyper Threading....and Dual Core is better....

Right?

Rawan AbuSalman said:
ooh..i think i get the picture now!!

So Pentium D is Dual Core...

Core Duo is the one used in laptops...more efficient than Dual Core...

And Core Duo 2 is....well..core duo 2!!lolz!

So my choice for desktops...(taking into consideration that Dual Core 2 is out of the budget...)is between Core Duo and the Hyper Threading....and Dual Core is better....

Right?

lol you have alot of terms mixed up ok......

Yes Pentium D is a Dual Core.

Core Duo is also a Dual Core CPU, used in laptops....more efficient then Pentium D.

And it's Core 2 Duo aka C2D not Dual Core 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom