Loud PSU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
Is it possible to add my own fan into my PSU? I just bought this 500w Xfinity and it makes some vibration noises that really annoy me. I know if I take apart the PSU it's not under warranty anymore, but it was $60 with a $50 rebate so I think it's all good. What I want to do is completely turn off the 120mm fan inside the PSU and put in my spare 80mm fan as an exhaust. Anyone do this before, any suggestions? Thanks.

I tore apart my PSU just recently and everything went smoothly. I put some dings and dents in the PSU trying to get the cover off but it came off fine after that. Took off the 120mm fan and put in my spare 80mm coolermaster fan instead. So far no problems. Booted up completely fine, and now my PC is nice and quiet :D

You might want to make sure that's a very good 80mm fan that you stuck in there. PSU's generate a lot of heat, and fry very quickly if they overheat.

CrazeD said:
You might want to make sure that's a very good 80mm fan that you stuck in there. PSU's generate a lot of heat, and fry very quickly if they overheat.

It has been on for a few hours now and no problems at all. The PSU is a little warm, but it was like that with the other fan as well.

Yeah I bought an antec 120mm fan with 3 speeds ftw. The psu is much cooler now even with the fan on the lowest speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom