upgrading my dell......again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
Ok, a few months ago i wanted to upgrade my dell to make it not a dell anymore and it would run pretty well and hold me over until i get my new computer. well now that my dad is telling me that i probably cant get my new system till around next feb or so, I've decided to upgrade my dell.

my budget is around $300, and I'm not going to save it for my next computer cause i have pretty much every game that'll run smoothly on my computer and i want to be able to have something that'll run new games like crysis and BF2142 on low setting(i don't mind low settings, I've been running them all my life).

so I've come up with this, I'm just wondering if i can get anything better for the price.

case: Cooler master Centurion 5

mobo: ASUS P4S800D-X s478

video card:XFX 6800XT

PSU: Fortron source 400w

RAM: my 512mb Kingston value RAM+ another 512mb of Kingston value RAM when circuit city puts them down to $30

Hard drive: my 40gb IDE, and maybe a 80gb IDE

CPU: my P4 1.8ghz wille core w/stock cooler

CD/DVD drive, my DVD-ROM drive, maybe a Samsung 18x DVD burner

OS: windows XP professional corporate(thanx for the torrent general)

the total comes to $323, and if i have to buy an OS, more around $400.

how does this all sound? id finally not have a dell, except for the CPU, HD, and floppy drive(yes i use it, sometimes for school)

why dont you use the money for the case, and upgrade your cou. that thing is what will kill you even though you havge a decent gfx card.

lancec2c30 said:
why dont you use the money for the case, and upgrade your cou. that thing is what will kill you even though you havge a decent gfx card.

id like to do that, exept i have a dell case with a small form factor, and dell mobo's usually only work with dell cases and vice versa. although if i save enough money, i'd like to get something like a PD 805 since their only $95 now and still an ok mid range CPU. im sure i could find a mobo that would support it for the same price as the s478 mobo.

or would it be better to upgrade my CPu and get a lower video card like a 6600?

EDIT: oh and talldude, dell os' have someting in the registry that only lets them run on dell mobos.

EDIT(again): cant get the 805, forgot about RAM which i really dnt have money for.

ROFLMAO!!!1

(dont mind me I give zucchini crap over xfire all the time:D)

:p

EDIT: oh and talldude, dell os' have someting in the registry that only lets them run on dell mobos.

Man this guy acctualy beilves what I say even if I dont know its true.

Lord AnthraX said:
ROFLMAO!!!1

(dont mind me I give zucchini crap over xfire all the time:D)

:p

Man this guy acctualy beilves what I say even if I dont know its true.

no, it's actually true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom