wtf is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinfun2

Baseband Member
I recently bought a video card for my computer and it was a great difference from my old one. But it wasnt the difference i really expected from it since reviews say it runs games like battlefield 2 at full settings with a little more than acceptable game play. I bought battlefield 2 and turned it to full settings ( resolution 1280x1024 )
and it played at frames of 15!!! unless the reviewer was wacko, i need to know if there is sumthing holding bak my computers performance with the card, or if its the way it should be, since the reviewer could have more advanced parts into his/her computer than mine does.
Here are my suggestions for improving the computer overall:

the video card might be missing a driver that i havent noticed

add a gig of ram to the motherboard

get a new mother board allowing me for a btter processor

just get a new video card

Any other suggestions or ways to troubleshoot/improve the video card or the computer overall?

well we need to know the rest of the computer specs (mostly how much ram, what vidio card, what motherboard, and CPU)

*try updating the drivers to the 91.47(?) or w/e the latest is
*hard drive shouldn't have too much to do with it as long as you have a gig of ram or more
*check to see if the other guy overclocked his
*check the temps of the card
*The guy may have said "max settings" w/ no AA or anything like that
*an old 5400rpm hard drive COULD slow it down if you dont have at least a gig of RAM

just guesses above, really need to know the computer's specs before saying anything else

*maybe the guy was lying

Can't tell you anything unless we know more information about the system/drivers you already have.........................

lmao fuk im sry i was in a rush and forgot to put it in.... well ya go...

celeron (R) 2.66 ghz
1024 mb of ram
visiontek ati radeon x1300 256mb ( the video card )
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
80 gb hard drive with 25% free space

lol yea, first of all the video card u got is considered a low end card and isn't meant to run bf2 at high with a high res like 1280*1024. Also, u need over a gig to run bf2 smoothly, especially on high settings. And lastly, your cpu is not the best. i bet the reviewer was reviewing the card using a higher end cpu with more ram and a lower resolution. But for the money that card is not bad.

i bet the reviewer was reviewing the card using a higher end cpu with more ram and a lower resolution.

Or it was an old review.

Sorry to tell you this, but my daughter's Toshiba laptop has a better graphics card than that.

A 2.66 Celeron ain't a Corvette by any means, but it is in sync with the speed of the card.

Try dropping your BF2 resolution to the lowest setting to get the best frame rates.

Also, make sure your PSU (power supply) has enough juice to power the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom