Which DVD are the most reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
I have begun the process of backing up all my important data onto DVD-R's. (I Also Have an external HD for back ups)

And was curious to which are the most reliable (Ya know, ones that don't screw up coasters etc tec)

I am using sony ones but like I said, just curious.

Well, they say that you have to buy the most expensive DVD's out there for backup, but I don't think that's true. I've bought expensive DVD's ($2 each, in a jewel case), and they have errors while writing. My primary DVD's (40 cents each) are FujiFilm, and they work excellent, no errors, and look nice too!

I have 2 cases of TDK DVD's... one of +R, one of -R... I can't remember for the life of me the diference between the formats, but I have used each, and not once have I had a problem. I also have a case of Maxell +RW's... haven't tried them yet though.

When I burn anything, I generally let the computer do only that till the disc is done, just because I ALWAYS used to get buffer under-runs on my old machine, and I would reboot, then burn immediatly afterward, and it would be fine.... old habbits die hard I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom