WinXP is using CPU (system process) when I'm running winamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

provoko

Baseband Member
WinXP is using CPU (system process) when I'm running winamp (!new info!)

On my friends computer, he uses winamp to listen to music. Without running any other programs, his system process jumps from 2-12% ever 4 seconds. While on mine, it doesn't do that.

We both have windows xp with the same amount of updates (sp1) and tweaks with no spyware and using the "safe" configuration on blackvipers website. But his system process jumps from 2-12% for no reason while playing music (winamp), yet mine doesn't.

Here are some pictures:
My computer: my comp.gif
His computer: ants_computer2.jpg

I racked my brain and I can't seem to figure it out, what does everyone think. What could the system process be doing only when he's playing music?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Could it be that he has a Pent IV(m) 2ghz while I have a Pent III 866. Could there be a difference in technology which causes system process to jump?

It could simply be this setting
Winap_Cpu_usagae.jpg

or else there could be something else resident on the memory!!

It can't be that setting because both our computers are set for full.

Besides, his computer is like 10x faster than mine.

Could it be that I used a program called cacheman 5.5 to optimize my windows and he hasn't used that program?

EDIT: I intalled cacheman 5.5 on his computer, there was no difference in system process.

I took some pictures of this bizarre problem:

Here are some pictures:
My computer: my comp.gif
His computer: ants_computer2.jpg

Has anyone come up with an answer to why his system process goes crazy when playing music and mine doesn't?

Again, keep in mind, I recently formatted his computer, we both have the same versions of WinXp, no spyware, defraged, the works, and his computer is faster. =) The only difference is that he has a Pent IV(m) and I have a Pent III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom