3700+ isn't cutting it.. What should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I just upgraded from a 7800gt graphics card to a x1900xt. The video quality is better, but i'm just not really getting better framerates. The cpu is the culprit here, and I can't seem to overclock it at all. At a measily 2.5 ghz the thing is unstable and causes hardware failures and lockups. Is there anything I can get that will make a massive improvement in my FPS range?

How much ram do you have? because, as it stands you shouldnt be having problems with that setup.

You wouldnt happen to be selling that 7800gt would ya?

No, i put the 7800gt in my family's computer. As of now I have 1 gig of ram. It kind of sucks that my fps have only increased by a marginal amount.

So you would add another gig before upgrading the processor? I have two 512 sticks with four slots. Would it be wise to buy two more of the same?

I've also had conversations about ram before. The general concensus is that after one gig there really isn't any use for two unless you're multitasking. I'll be playing WOW and CS:S particularly.

I play Bf2 and after adding a second gig of ram, i noticed a marked increase in performance. And a big boost when i was running multiple applications.

When gaming 2gb really helps.

What brand of ram is it? Are you sure the memory isn't holding back your OC? Most 3700s can go much higher than 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom