sata question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im building a few systems for some family members, and im trying to keep the total cost(fully assembeled, monitor,, kb, speakers, etc..)under 500, and im lookin for a hdd. on newegg, i found a 250gb sata 3.0gb/s for 69.99, but the mobo only has sata 150. can a sata 3.0 work on a 150? are the connecters the same or different. i could care less about speed, dad only browses internet, grandma only uses word, and juno, and me, im just gonna get the 350gb model cause i got alotta crap(its a 150, so i dont gotta worry about that)

i'm not sure if yuou can use it on there however i did find out that if you use ebay there HD's are cheaper i don't know by how much or anything but there cheaper in most cases. I would look there and see if you find anythink you like.

yea thats true... o well, ill chance it, and if it dont work, ill just return em and get the 150gb sata 150 ones that are the same price. this wat i got so far:

CASE

PS for other case

MOBO/CPU

RAM

HD

DVD Burner

Video Card

Monitor

Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

these aint for gaming, just web browsing, and that stuff, music for me. if its all good, im gonna get three of these systems, the main conponents cost 211, and there is 415 in acessories(hd, dvd, monitor, gpu,)

alright, thanks, thats what i needed to know. also, i got a mouse question: i have 2 mice, one ps2, one wireless usb, when my wireless usb dies, i use my ps2 mouse, but the problem is, as soon as i use the usb mouse the ps2 one disables, but other times, it dosent, like i can use both at the same time. i had to go turn on mouse keys just to type this. ill be back in about 5 min, i have to restart.

****, I didn't get to answer.

Just a reminder, though, you will not get the 3.0gb/s speeds, you will get the 1.5g/s speed..(I believe, I'm just pretty sure..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom