Nvidia forceware drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
right i keep installing the new drivers as and when i see them, but my question is, do i need to keep all the old drivers or can i delete them all? each folder is like 30-40mbs so it seems abit silly having all those :confused:
Screenshot-03_09_200611_00_39.jpg

its worth keeping a few older versions because you never know when Nvidia are going to screw up and nerf your card.

NvidiaDude said:
well apparently your meant to uninstall your old drivers before you install any new drivers for your Nvidia card

I didnt know there was a special uninstaller for the drivers? i thought it was a install over the top job as it doesnt say anything about uninstalling currant dirvers first

well now is a good time to start. Its just like your os, perform a clean install of xp, dont just install a copy overtop of it or a repair and expect everything to be ok everytime cuz one time, something will screw up

jonny_uk said:
right i keep installing the new drivers as and when i see them, but my question is, do i need to keep all the old drivers or can i delete them all? each folder is like 30-40mbs so it seems abit silly having all those :confused:

When you install any forceware driver, it automatically extract itself to c:\nvidia\win2KXP

Just delete everything in this folder because it is just a waste of space.

And for the people who are saying, "uninstall old drivers before installing new ones.", i say no, you didn't need to uninstall old drivers before installing new ones. Just install new driver and everything will be ok.

You can delete the folders. Those are just the extractions. The actual drivers are kept in the C:\Windows\Drivers folder. So even if there is an error you can still roll back. Even if you uninstall the drivers first they can still be recognized. The only true way to delete old drivers is with Driver Cleaner Pro which shreds them from the Driver folder.

So delete those folders. That will be fine. It will still have the older versions to roll back to. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom