Building Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow man, dont even buy a new pc, just cuz u got the money i mean, wait. Wait for pci express, the only real thing u need is a vid card. I'd wait till all the new stuff is comin out then go for it, especially if u already have a 2.6ghz 512 ram comp.

yah i know i have spent about 4000 on mine since like september 2002. I spent 3000 to have a place build it then added like new monitor and memory and cathodes. I had bought it at like full retail and when stuff was just coming out. I dont want anyone to make that mistake. However knock on wood, i have not had 1 problem with it. But im getting a sweet pro video camera this summer for skate videos which is like the same cost as my computer. So like after that im going to need to get something so i dont spend all day rendering videos and take like 2 mins to open my music folder. Definetly go the upgrade route. And with the money you have on hand i would say go scsi on the hard drives and do 15k rpm. do like a 36 or 18 to start because they are really exspensive. I cant wait for 64 bit programs, pci express, and ddr2. OoOoOOoo! and video cards will be so much better and probably good for sound cards too if your big into music recording like i would be if i had the cash.

Ok mrzeeedler, haha nice name man. Sooo....say i waited a bit to upgrade my mobo,vid card, ram, and hard drives, then what kind of features in say 4-5 months should i be looking for, like the pci express you mentioned?

yea get the pci express, but it will soon be out dated as every computer gets. I'm stickin with AGP rite now till better stuff comes out for the PCI Express along with BTX which will also require alot of upgrading just like pci express, so i find it useless to get pci express soon as it comes out. Although, if you've got the money like i said, wait and yes get pci express, even though it will only be for bragging rights :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom