fx-57 vs. 4800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazer_viking said:
4400 can OC to a 4800, but then that means a 4800 can OC even higher.

Not really. depends on a few things...they DO share the same core....

2.9-3 ghz seems to be the limit on Toledo cores when cooled on air

lazer_viking said:
Well, no, it doesn't help me decide. I've stuck with AMD because I know their GHz system. I don't know how to compare an AMD to an Intel. I know that intel have faster clocks, but execute less instructions per clock. So a 2GHz intel gets beaten by a 1.6 GHz AMD. Does anyone know the "formula" for AMD -> intel clocks?

edit: by the way, the I cry at that 32kb+32kb L1 cache on the e6300... pathetic imho.

Well, The e6300 sucks it is the worst but the thing is that these thing have lower clock speeds and can be clocked very high. Some people got them up to 3.7ghz stable. You will have to get a good heatsink /fan but they are the best thing on the market.

Dr DMoney said:
The thing he wants to do it to have the fastest amd chip out there. My responce is this, Intel has it. If you want to sell your fx chip for a 4800 you are out of your mind. Not because you want to change it is because you bout the fx chip in the first place. They are not worth it and yes the 4800 is surperior to the fx chip you now have. But if you are going to get a new chip just through in a motherborad with is and go conroe. Please go conroe, you will be so happy with it. I know intel doesn't have pc builders hearts but once you see it in power your friend would be so god damm jelos he will probally buy the thing as well. Atleast look into it.

Yea, I know, I made a mistake by getting an fx-57. But hey, live and learn >_<. I wont make that stupid mistake again.

Dr DMoney said:
Well, The e6300 sucks it is the worst but the thing is that these thing have lower clock speeds and can be clocked very high. Some people got them up to 3.7ghz stable. You will have to get a good heatsink /fan but they are the best thing on the market.
I sorta doubt they got it to 3.7 stable on air cooling... am I wrong?

The thing about the conroes is that they have very low heat consubtion and power so that is why they can oc so well. Maybe the people were lieing but who knows. I am going to look around for sable oc it, to back me up.

... if i got a conroe i would water cool it with the most expensive thing ever

I would treat that monster like my only son, wonder why, well just look at my specs :(

Only thing im missin is a good cpu :p

Wow, that is absolutley stunning. But I do have a question. What is an estimated Intel equivalent to AMD 2.8 GHz? I just want some comparision.

I really couldn't say because I have been and amd fan untill the conroes. I will try to look into it but a good comparision sheet is hard to come by.

Dr DMoney said:
I really couldn't say because I have been and amd fan untill the conroes. I will try to look into it but a good comparision sheet is hard to come by.
Thanks for all your help, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom