Help, been ripped off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerWill

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I recently bought a new 'side' PC for when i go away to my mums house, the PC i bought was an AMD 3800+ X2, 1GB RAM, 400W PSU, onboard graphics, 160GB SATA drive and a DVD combo drive.

When recieving this PC i opened it up and saw an AMD ATHLON 64 3800+ sticker included in the box.

Immediately i thought of the CPU i had been given, i went to check by right clicking my computer and selecting properties but it didnt say anything about the CPU, i downloaded a program called CPU-Z? And it said that i had an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Fx 47??? what ever that is?

But i KNOW its not Dual core....

has this company ripped me off, given me a cheaper proccesor than i paid for? I don't know what to do, as the company know i don't know much aout PC's they may take advantage over me

Thanks

best way is to pull the system apart and look at the chip itself. but if you don't have thermal paste then it might be an issue. you might want to look at your invoice amd MAKE SURE you paid for an X2... so you don't look like an Id10T for calling them about something that they did in fact put in...

Yeah ive checekd with like 5 different CPU reading programs they all say its a 'AMD 64 3800+ Fx 47'.. and on my invoice, email invoice it specifically says

' PEFORMANCE BASED SYSTEM - AMD ATHLON X2 3800+'

:(

:mad: weird, well i don't even know the difference between the two CPU's and im not willing to take apart the actual CPU, ill probably break it.

This program called WCPUID, says this:

'The Processor is: AMD Athlon 64 FX-47
Platform: Socket 940 {mCPGA Package)
2.4ghz 512k L2 Cache Single Core

:mad:

You might as well want to call in, if you're getting this problem, obviously.

Any insecurity you feel when purchasing prebuilt consumer products should always be expressed to the people that sold it to you.

Sure, i will do on monday morning, but has anyone heard of the fx-47 AMD processor? I certainly haven't is this processor old or something? I mean the PC is running really well, but its not what i paid for, i wanted a dual core.

I used another CPU checking program and it says the CPU i am using is called an 'AMD Athlon 64/Opteron' what the **** is this?

Can someone tell me what an Opteron is?

It says its got 1 core, 512kb Cache running at 2.4ghz?

opteron is another brand of cpu.. AMD does make them, but I have not heard of of the 47.. I have googled a 43, but not 47. but I would still call it in and get what you paid for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom