Editing Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
Alright, I have a computer that doesn't boot because of autochk.exe and I was wondering if I could hook the harddrive up to my computer as a slave and edit the registry or boot.ini? So I am able to remove autochk.exe from running at startup?

I suggest you to download or get WInternals, thru which you can boot your PC from CD drive and can also enter into windows installed version. U can very easily edit registry, startup objects, remove admin password, do a crash analysis, restore computer to early stage.. and so much..

take my word download it and u will be saved.. And please donn forget to post ur reviews here :)

enjoy !!

Well, I don't know if that will work for me, I am using a computer with Windows XP Home Edition, and I am trying to edit a harddrive from another computer that has Windows XP Professional installed on it, the harddrive I am trying to edit the primary drive for the other computer. Will I be able to edit the registry for the Windows XP Professional harddrive with WInternals?

Alright, now I have an even bigger problem, I can't boot erd commander with this computer, and my other computer, the BIOS will not register my cd drive?

i guess it is free to try for one machine, only few functions like crash analyzer etc donn work..

donn know much.. it works for me in every machine..

and for you try resetting BIOS of the computer.. or loading defaults.. if it worx

good luck !!

MrCoffee said:
erd commander is commercial isn't it? Is there like a freeware version?

its not free but you can download an emergency cd from their site but not all the goodies re there. I dont think you can take the hard drive out and out it on another machine to edit the registry. You will just be editing the reg on the other pc not the hard drive you just installed. You may want to try a repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom