Microphone Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

phylboul

Beta member
Have been using a headset with microphone or a desktop microphone for 1 month and they have been working great. For 1 week now neither of my microphones will work and I can't locate the prob. As advanced computer user have checked all the usual settings - playback & recording and plugs and did find the mic had been muted (don't know why or how)Â…was 2nd time it had happened and after un-muted 1st time...worked fine. Have un-muted 2nd time but my mic's still don't work. Can hear sound, can hear other people speaking and can play sound files or music. Use Windows Media Player and did have to download a file to hear sound when playing a DVD. That is the only new file that's been installed. I've checked both mics out on another computer and they work fine so it's my computer. My mixer device is Vinyl AC'97 Audio. Any suggestions of what else I need to do? I need my microphone!!

Any comments about Skype? It's been highly recommended to me.

1. Skype is an online phone service. You talk into your microphone and put on a headset and listen to the people talk on the other line. It's FREE phone service to North America.

2. For the microphone, go into Sounds and Audio Devices, click on File -> Advanced Options -> Make sure that your Microphone isn't muted, and that the "microphone boost" is enabled.

TY for Skype info.
Re Microphone - when I go into:
Sounds & Audio Devices Properties - Audio Tab - Sound Recording
do not have option of Advanced
I did but where do I go select it??
When I open up Master Volume/Options:
Advanced Controls are selected
Properties for playback & recording are all selected
Mic is unmuted and Advanced option is available
So it should work right??....well it doesn't...does NOT pass the test hardware nor can I record my voice on the Sound Recorder
NOW WHAT?? -- my prob doesn't seem to follow the usual...is most unusual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom