complete noob . . . need finalization

Status
Not open for further replies.

kspence199

Beta member
So, I'm 100% new to PC building/customization and after some research I've started looking for parts for my first build. I'm a graphic designer and plan to run the Adobe Suite on it and various other bits of software that you all know about, and I'm looking for finalization on my decisions. It all looks pretty good now and is in my budget (between 900-1500), I'm primarily concerned with the case (I know nothing about case specs other than counting the number of ports on them) and whether the LCD screens will be compatible with the GForce 6800XT? Also wondering if a sound card is needed or if it's integrated into the mobo, and if buying this fan is necessary (or if any others will do better for the price)? I've done all my shopping on Newegg.com but looked around for price comparisons. Any help would be awesome . . . thanks guys.

(EDIT - AS OF 9.3)

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz look

Motherboard-(changed) ASUS A8V-E SE Socket 939 ATX look

RAM- A-DATA 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 look

Video Card- XFX Geforce 6800XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 look

Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda (Perpendicular Rec) 320GB 7200RPM look

Optical Drive-(changed) LG 16XDVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner Black look

Case-(changed) Spire BlackFin SECC ATX Mid Tower look

Power Supply-(added) IN WIN PowerMan ATX 410W look

Monitor- TWO Tyris Black 17" 8ms DVI look

Mouse- My Wacom Graphire3 6x8

Keyboard- Probably a Logitec wireless keyboard

Operating System- Windows XP Home/Professional

Thanks for any input.

Looks good, though i have three things.

1) I've never heard of ECS for a mobo company. MSI, DFI, and ASUS are the top three, with DFI usually being the most expensive.

2) Having only built full-towers, i do not know if that motherboard will fit into a mid-tower. I'm thinking that it will work, though i do not know for sure.

3) I've never heard of any type of optical drive having any compatibility issues (in other words, the DVD burner will be fine).

Snake Eyes:
Yea, I was gunna go with an ASUS A8V-VM or ASUS A8V-E SE. Maybe i should change them up again. Obviously i havent heard of that mobo either but all the reviews ive read about it make it seem worth the money. And the case is an issue still i see. There's a million to choose from so it's been difficult. Thanks for the info though. Anything is a help here. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom