OCing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDSCOrPiO

Daemon Poster
In another post i mentioned that i get an error with Stress Prime 2004 when i go above 2.73ghz.

I am now running at 2.80ghz and i get the same error but now it seems to be stable and not restarting. With this error, will i cause damage if i run at these speeds 24/7

Is there another program i could use to stress the cpu and have it report errors?

if it gets an error at 6 seconds then it's really not stable. You may not damage anything but you will probably crash in a lot of games and your puter will be.....well...UNSTABLE

Don't run it any higher than your highest stable speeds. It can screw up your PC if it isn't stable.

I have ran many test (3dmark03, NfsMw, NfsU2, Air Conflicts and Flatout 2) and it seems to be stable at these speeds... could it still cause damage?

Also is there any other programs to test stability of the cpu? i cant use any of the newer ones like 3dmark05 because of my crap vid card.

AMDSCOrPiO said:
Also is there any other programs to test stability of the cpu? i cant use any of the newer ones like 3dmark05 because of my crap vid card.

umm...SuperPI!!!!??? And it says it's unstable!

Prime95 tests CPU, RAM, and power, which are all critical to over-clocking.

Instability can cause data corruption on your HDD.

Your pc may seem stable and all the other tests apart from sp04 may say your PC is stable, but sp04 and prime95 tests the cpu in depthly so listening to those 2 programs is wise, you've got like a 25% performance increase with your CPU already, that TBH is very good and is more than enough. [Some people can't even get a 5 % performance increase]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom