Watercooling an E6400 and a X1900XTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Wall_117

In Runtime
I am thinking about watercooling because I will most likely be overclocking. I need to know what to get to watercool that setup, both the X1900XTX and the E6400. If you can, suggest an entire kit, I don't know what all parts I would need anyway, so a kit that comes with everything would be nice.

Dangerden D5/Swiftech MCP655
Swiftech Storm
Dangerden Maze4

Add tubing, radiator and reservoir and you're done. Easy

To simplify, you will need:

CPU block
GPU block
Pump(all as listed above)
Tubing and Clamps
Reservoir/T-Line + Fillport
Radiator/Heatercore
Fans
Distilled Water
Antifreeze

gaara said:
Dangerden D5/Swiftech MCP655
Swiftech Storm
Dangerden Maze4

Add tubing, radiator and reservoir and you're done. Easy

To simplify, you will need:

CPU block
GPU block
Pump(all as listed above)
Tubing and Clamps
Reservoir/T-Line + Fillport
Radiator/Heatercore
Fans
Distilled Water
Antifreeze

So that's all I need? Wouldn't it just be easier to simply buy a kit? I have never worked with liquid cooling before, just air, so I am still a little confused as to what exactly I need and how to put it together.

Of course, I am going to look around on the internet for things concerning how to put it together, but I am looking for an opinion as to what I should get, if I decide to go that route.

www.petrastechshop.com/wacoki.html

the kits there include everything youll need to either water cool your cpu or gpu depending on how much youd like to spend.

They are a very good store, and they are local to me and i have used them for my own w/c kit, and my case.

So seriously, check em out. and if you do wind up buying from them tell them Andrew from Irvington says hi.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecogpuba.html

I'm looking at that. Seems a little expensive, but I assume it will pay off in the long run, especially with the overclocking abilities of the E6400 and the X1900XTX.

Of course, I will only be getting it if I get a little extra money. My PC Budget is only $1350, I will probably be getting $1600 though, possibly more.

If you look at the retail price on all the compnents in the kit, its actually a fairly good deal.

MY own loop is quite similar to that with the only major differences being a different pump, the d5, and a different gpu block, the mp-1.

So that's all I need? Wouldn't it just be easier to simply buy a kit? I have never worked with liquid cooling before, just air, so I am still a little confused as to what exactly I need and how to put it together.
Regardless of whether you buy a kit or buy everything individually you still end up putting it together the same way. A kit doesn't simplify anything, it simply ships with most everything together rather than you buying everything individually

Not to say any of those kits listed above are bad, but you'll still find something that works better and cheaper if you buy everything you want

Basically I can summarize everything you need:

Pump - for the most part it's a tossup between the Aquaxtreme 50z and Dangerden D5 otherwise known as the swiftech or laing MCP655. They are all pretty much the same thing and it doesn't particularly matter, I got the D4 which is the older version of the D5 simply because it was closer to buy. I would just get whatever is cheapest.

If you have a bit more money you can splurge on a better pump but I assume you don't have that much money. Those pumps I listed probably go for maybe $60-70

Blocks - For CPU the best you can find is the Swiftech storm but it also costs around $100 I believe. A cheaper choice would be either Dangerden TDX or Swiftech MCW-6002 which go for around $60 I believe

GPu again is a toss up between Dangerden Maze4 or the swiftech variant which I have forgetten the name of right now (I think MCW50). Swiftech may also have a storm variant for GPU but I'm not positive and it would probably be a bit more expensive anyways. Maze4/MCW50 probably sell for $30-40

Next up is radiators which I am not very familiar with. My suggestion is just to pick up a cheap car radiator for maybe $20 at autozone and modify it yourself(go to overclocking section and you can see what I'm talking about).

Assuming you use a modified radiator that brings your total to about $200, then add

Reservoir/T-Line + Fillport - $15
Tubing + Clamps - $10
Fans - Depends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom