ive decided to go conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
I was really looking forward to getting an AMD x2 procesor when i decided to build a computer. Unfortunately Intels CD2 is just much better. Ive looked at tests and everything, and the e6300 almost always outperforms the similarly priced x2 4200+ , and beats almost all current AMD chips when overclocked to 2.59 Ghz. The only thing that would re-convince me that RIGHT NOW AMD is the better chip, is if the AM3 procesors aren't far down the road. But the way i see it, i can save up next summer, and buy a new AM3 chip and AM3 board pretty easily. Oh and i think the motherboard i have picked out for my e6300 only allows up to 333 FSB, anyone know about how far i could OC an e6300? If i can get it to at least like 2.4 than i would be comepletely satisfied.

you can prolly get the e6300 higher than that. Just get some quality ram and you've got a great chance of gettin a huge OC

yeah ive got ocz gold 6400 2x 1gb ddr2 800 lined up. Im hoping to order everything on tuesday. Some site posted results with an e6300 at 2.59 on stock cooling and 370 fsb ( i don't think my motherboard will go past 333) If i could push it that far I would be very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom