Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
My friend has 1gb of ram and a amd 3700 but he has this crappy xpress 200 64mb onboard that he has to use till he can get enough money to get a sweet video card. He right now at 640x480 all minimum gets like 20-90 fps on maps like office in counter-strike source. Would it be worth it to overclock the cpu and ram in hope of better fps?

well, isnt it worth overclocking the CPU anyway? even for windows stuff etc...

Well in that system the GPU is what is struggling....get a better GPU and overclocking will show much more of a gain

It won't do that much. You might get 5-10 more FPS. Get a new video card and overclock everything.

ya even a 6600 or somethin will play CS.S at 1280x1024 with all grahpics high, and AA at like x2 I think.

Mine will anyway, But I have it OC'ed

I found out its a HP so we decided to go with clockgen. We got that working 100% and spent the day oc'ing. The computer actually managed to hit over 2.5ghz with ram right under 230 which is crazy and was stable for almost 24 hours. Good stuff (Oh and we squeezed out an extra 15 fps). He will be getting a x1800xt/x1900xt soon depending on how much moola hes got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom