Yellow Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replikant

Baseband Member
I have Windows SE & Mozilla Firefox. Every so often the screen takes on a yellow tint. It goes away after a short time. Is it a sign of any problem? How can i fix it? (Please, write English, i don't know computerese!)

It is probably your monitor. Try to change the controls on it, and see if it stops.

If that doesn't work; try another monitor.

Just what do you mean by "change the controls"? (I have a LaCie Electron 19 Blue II monitor. No others.)

Go through the menu system on the monitor (there should be some buttons), and look for the Color. Play around until the monitor looks better.

OK - i don't want to press the wrong one & screw it up. Five buttons on front are as follows, left to right:

FPM.
Downward-pointing triangle.
Right-pointing triangle.
Minus sign
Plus sign.

My next move?

If it comes and goes, I would be led to believe that th monitor is fine. I would think it is more likely a connection problem. Make sure the vga/dvi cable is completely plugged in and not loose. Also, make sure nothing is shorting the connection on the video card itself. The second one is most likely not the proble, I just had that happen to me (but its rare). One my my slot covers fell down and was shorting the connection causing the screen to be different shades.

the DVI cable is the one on the top the VGA cable is the one on the bottom make sure those are seated right.

DVI_VGA_Cable.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom