Type of Post and Rules for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Hello,

Thanks for making Tech-Forums your place for "Technology" information!!

The main goal of this forum is to help members and visitors make educated decisions when buying "new" technology services or products.

Hopefully, some members have become beta testers, early adopters, or just wanted to see the product / service first hand. They can then post service and/or product reviews and give their opinion on whether the "new" technology is good or not.

This is intended to be non-bias information, truthful, and factual information. Posts that are found to be opposite of these intentions will be deleted.

So, when posting new thread, it should be 1 or 2 types:
A) You have used the product or service:
Please post personal knowledge of a product or service, not advertising a product. We can "read" about products on the company's website site all we want, but you know how company websites are. They are TRYING to make it sound like its the greatest.

I want to know the "REAL" truth behind the product or service.
Does it really work? Is it really worth the money? Etc. Etc.

or

B) You are trying to FIND OUT ABOUT a product or service:
Please post your questions or inquiry about something. You are thinking about buying a product/service, but not quite sure about it. You want to find out the truth, and hopefully by asking/posting your questions... SOMEONE will answer and give honest feedback.

NOTE:
I'm not trying to be mean or be a 'dictator moderator' :)
but would only like post in this forum to be type A or B.

If you want to ask questions... then please do!
If you have real, truthful, personal knowledge about the product or service... then PLEASE offer good answers, advise, and help us make good buying decisions!

THANKS

Edit as of 3/14/2009:

After the topic being brought up about comments being made in threads when it was expressly forbidden by these rules we have discussed this and decided that it is no longer necessary as that is the point of forums in the first place. But remember this is about NEW Technology. Stuff that is coming out. So keep your comments about that stuff if at all possible.

On that note this is not the area to ask for any kind of support. Use the regular forums for that. This is just to talk and gain information, provided the information is given, on New Tech. Not to start debates on if the technology will be good or not. But to gain knowledge of what is upcoming.

~Mak213

Thanks Larry,

I was just thinking how convenient it would be to have a place to go to to find or learn about new industry products.

Hopefully, this will be that repository of facts that will help us all.

Excellent forum idea. I'll be here often.

Anyhow, as a suggestion, perhaps you could edit the forum title to include "future technologies", which already would cover several topics here (including GMail, FMD drives, and OLEDs...plus whatever comes up after I've posted this...I'm not going to edit for each new one :laughing: ...)

Also, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but Larry, could you perhaps place the reason why you edit people's posts...it's rather confusing to just see the "Last edited by Larry on...etc". Unless it is a flaw that makes the posts say that they were edited by you...and in reality weren't...things like that happen. Thank you very much.

Thanks!

Well, I think a smaller topic or more "focused" forum is better. If someone is looking for information, its HARD to find it in a board forum.

The main idea was to help "consumers" get educated on "new technology"... as in new products or services. Being educated by members reviews of these products.

And not a review that is a link or copied from another website... a REAL review based on the members personal use!

With new technologies coming out... NOT ALL are worth the money. So, I guess I'm trying to get this new forum to compete with big $$$ marketing budgets of the companies putting out the new service or products.

Don't you hate buying something and its not worth it?
:)

the edits:
I edited/deleted those posting to "sum" them up and keep only Questions or Reviews/Informative information. As in moderating the forum a lot stricter than other forums.

Not trying to be mean, but just only want good post. Every post in here should "inform" the reader.

Examples of post that do not do this:
- Yes, I agree
- Yeah... I would like to see that product. I heard it cool!
- No. I have not seen or used the service. I think it sucks

Thanks

i'm glad you made this forum larry, I will be back to ask about digital cameras....but thats later...much much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom