BIOS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Hello,

I have never re-flashed a BIOS. Does this require a 3.5" floppy or can it be done from an optical drive?

I understand that it can be done with a USB flash drive also. I don't have either a 3.5 or a flash drive, but will go purchase today if necessary

I have been reading resources from the Asus (P5B Deluxe) website and google searches. I have attempted it via a CD using Nero software and had no luck (including a "bootable disk"). Is it like burning an ISO file?

Does anyone have any links or a brief description on how to go about this? The simpler the better

I posted another thread concerning an "Intel CPU uCode loading error" that I receive upon startup. The system runs and Prime95 ran overnight on the stock CPU (E6400) settings. After doing a lot of searching and reading I found that many people solved this problem with a BIOS update. I'm a rock and can't figure it out.

Please help an old dog learn a new trick. Thanks

I would use a floppy to update the bios, ive never done it using a cd drive but my friend did so....

My mobo lets me update the bios while in windows...

Law said:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Download the BIOS update tool, download the BIOS update.....follow the instructions.

Sorry, forgot to mention that this is an E6400 build with a P5B Deluxe MoBo.

To AMDSCORPIO,
This MoBo also has the same problem my A8N32-SLI Deluxe did. I can not install the Asus Automatic updates. Everytime that I do the OS returns an error "No Asus motherboard detected."

I never bothered fixing it on my A8N...board as I used the original BIOS without a hitch.

Any further input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom