lcd monitors, tvs, a big mess! help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastrandstrongr

In Runtime
hey guys.

so here's the deal; i need to get a new display for my PC before i go back to school (in about 3 weeks). i would like your input about the following models im considering.

syntax olevia lt27hvx
acer al2016w
refurb philips 26" lcd tv

my main goal is to have something large that i can watch standard cable on (i have a pci tuner) and clear enough to use Word/AIM when i have to type. i was also interested in maybe getting an HDTV tuner... but that remains to be seen.

i've also got a few questions...
do dvd players (i use a DVD+/- RW) display in 1080i?
and is widescreen in general a good idea for a PCs?

im open to suggestions too! my price range is about 600 bucks, give or take.

thanks everyone!

Get anything with a nice native resolution for the size of the screen, at LEAST 8 ms response time and at the LEAST around 700-1000:1 contrast ratio (I would assume 500:1 at that size would degrade badly). Of those models (I have not looked at them kind of busy atm) I would say get the Acer since they are known for their good products, I would not get a refurbished one, and I only have seen the Olevia's at my office depot store and what I have seen makes me want to throw them in the trash, the ones we have look like crap.

Anyways sorry I don't have more time to check out the models for ya.

ok so i decided to go with the 20" acer. im gonna pull the trigger soon, probably once i get home from my summer job.

would you guys recommend buying from newegg/tiger or going to a store and seeing if they have it there?

newegg. if you dont care about paying rediculous amount of shipping for each item. but your only buying one monitor so its fine. and the yhave a nice tracking section and customer service you can count on.

No shipping I have ever recieved from newegg has been over 30 bucks and that is with over 1000 dollars in parts each order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom