Problem with new case....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it definitely works with my old case and new PSU, but I just dont see what im doing wrong with the Tsunami?

The Tsunami power connectors seem to be intact and wirings look good...its really frustrating me now that I cant get this **** case to work.

Once again, are you sure you installed the standoffs between the motherboard and case? This grounds the motherboard, it wont work without it grounded.

Since it powers on in the other computer, its not your psu. Like the others have said, its some human/switch error. Make sure you know the correct positions of all the cables from the power button on the case.

lol k thanks for everyone that replied or tried to help.

Now that I hooked it back up to the new case it powers on, but sometimes it doesnt and I have to unplug the PSU, then plug it back in for it to power up?

Anyone know wassup with that?

Sorry Im still new at computer tech... So can you please explain to me what grounding is?

Grounding is a electrical term.

They are suggesting that the negative - DC current/power of your motherboard goes thought the standoffs and grounds to your case. I don't think this is correct because if you have a acrylic case this would be impossible. But, You definitely want to install the stand-offs to keep your mobo from shorting out on the case.

It sounds like your PSU is no good, I would install the old PSU in the new case and double check all the connections.

One of my old cases wouldn't let the pci cards go all the way into the mobo until I took it apart and adjusted the case with a hammer:D

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom