New Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC8183

Solid State Member
When i press the power button all the fans and LEDS come on but then it cuts of less than a second later...i'm wondering if the psu is bad...someone pleae help.

do you think you're overloading your powersupply? what components do you have?

display....geforce mx4000, hdd, dvd burner, 3 fans, cpu fan, few LEDS, and a floppy

try plugging in as little as possible into your motherboard and see what happens.. mobo +cpu+gpu+memory.. and thats it... unplug all the fans and LEDs and junk like that.. and even the HDs and opticals... then turn it on.. see what happens

ok i went as far as taking the mobo out of case hit the power and still same thing...with just mobo, cpu, mem, and cpu fan...still the same....so could this be a power supply or mobo

i know raidmax PSU's are crap... but i think it should at least be able to power up a mobo with some very few components on it..

you're saying that the comp turns off before any beeping or anything right?

bleh anyways... i'm really not sure as to what it could be... 50/50 chance its mobo or PSU... sorry :D hopefully someone else can help you out..

ok hooked it up to a known good psu...still the same thing...i'm guessing i should box up this mobo and send it back..huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom