BSOD - nvata.sys - Ext. HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be. but was it doing this before you switched out the ram? could be that there is a bad stick or you may have fried it with ESD.

It has done similar things before, and now that I've switched the ram, some odd things still happen. This nvata.sys is recurring...

Charlie -

make sure you have your cd/dvd drive as first boot, and put in your windows cd. restart and let windows boot up. When prompted, load windows... do not repair at that point. It will go thru it's thing and when it get to loading a fresh copy or repair... hit repair (the 2nd time) it will basiclly reload windows, but leave all your settings/folders, etc... alone... that should take care of it ultimately.

really? so I won't loose any of my files? But how would that help an external hdd? or are we talking about the nvata.sys problem?

Charlie -

Oh, and what about Drivers as such, will I have to update them all again?

Charlie -

you would not lose anything... drivers included... this is for the nvata.sys problem... but I am thinking they are related... cause the external is still an IDE device even though it's going thru USB, just my twisted logic.

Edit: It WILL however ask you for drivers during the install... GPU, USB, etc... so you might want to have them handy... I know I have to have one or two on floppy for mine... but I have different hardware obviously... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom