Bad 7900GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
when i play FEAR, i'll play for like 5 minutes and then it looks like there are straight lines coming out of random directions (almost like path lines for cyber-bullets, but it looks like a wall skin). there will be like 5 or 6 of these concrete colored lines going in various directions sround the room.

it also does this to the edges of barrels... it will stretch the very edge of the model clear across the room. same with the corners of some walls. it will look like the wall is stretched across a hallway but i can walk right through it.

i posted this in the games forum and someone told me that it was my card... can anyone confirm this?
it does this when my card is at stock settings and oc'd

There are alot of bad 7900gt's

I just RMA mine last week and expecting the newer versions to arive in the mail tommorrow.

I advise you to do the same.

check his sig, evga. Evga, is awesome w/ rma's, my old 7900gt had bad mem and I had a new one in a few days. Haven't had my gtx crap out yet so I wouldn't know about BFG rma's lol.

i have a bfg tech and runnin fine, its lifetime warranty so i should be good, no need to send in something that works
wow i got my 7900gt for 275 and now its at 289, wierd
same specs, different pcb board

there was a bad batch of 7900's that i believe were shipped to every company (RAM i believe was the issue)

just RMA.

i had to w/ mine and now it's fixxed

it is more than likey not a driver issue.

Usually the problem with the 7900GTs were the capacitors in the VRMs and Power Modules. But that may be a problem with heat, or overclock, dry downing the speeds a little, other than that RMA time!

Ruan

EDIT: Sorry just read that it does it at stock and OC, RMA time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom