common build problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone. Im ordering the parts for my first build next week. I just wanna know what are some common problems that i might run into during my build, and how to overcome them. This way i can be prepared if anything dosn't go perfectly. Oh and if anyone needs to know it's an AMD build, 4200+x2, windows media center 2005.

I want media center for the options with the 360. And one of my computers runs pro, and this one runs home. I don't see a difference between the two in what i do.

LU4sTrooper said:
Why didn't ya go for a core 2 duo instead of AMD?
price, athlonx2 is almost half the price of conroe, plus with socket AM2 i can upgrade to an AM3 CPU later on.

Not really, I see that the Core 2 Duo e6300 and the 4200 X2 are almost identical in price, and yet the e6300 massively outperforms it.

hmm, thats something to consider. Runs at only 1.8ghz compared to the 2.2 ghz on the AMD 4200, but of course a lot comes down to the dual core structure, plus i would have to find a new motherboard and what not, i think i'll save myself the trouble and just go AMD, im not gonna stress over this.

Yeah runs at 1.8 ghz stock and owns the AMD processors, and if you OC, it's insane! This is coming from a previous AMD fanboy :p

Guys, he made up his mind, leave him be.

Some common problems are listed below:

Drivers - Make sure they are updated, or your system will be *****y.

Dont force any part into the pc if it doesnt seem to be going in properly. Chances are that you are doing it wrong.

Ground yourself properly, static on your new mobo is not a good idea.

Dont drop the HDD.

Treat the CPU with care.

RAM catches static easily.

Try and organize the cables so as to leave space for upgrades in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom