Problem with new case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Ok ive been using my old Xion cast for quite a while now, but everytime I go buy a new case I end up returning it because it never powers up.

This is now my 5th time buying a new case - a Thermaltake Tsunami with an Antec trupower 550w PSU.

I swear I plugged up everything right and the exact same way as my old case. All the power sw. ect. are plugged up to the mobo the exact same way I did with my old case.

Everything seems to be plugged up right, but I get nothing when I hit the power button. PSU is working because I can see the ligh comming from my mobo.

Am I missing something here or is this my 5th case that is messed up?

it's not the case, it's something else, maybe when taking out your mobo some staic got to it and fried it, or maybe it's something else, there's a ton of things that can be wrong. i would of tested everything in another machine before buying 5 cases.

I plugged it back in my old case and it works, but everytime I try to get a new case... it never freaking works.

So let me get this right, the computer is working in the old xion case but not in any new cases or just not working period in any case?

Make sure you installed all the standoffs between the case and motherboard.

Are you sure its not your psu? Just because the lights come on the mobotherboard doesnt mean that your power supply is working correctly. I thought the same thing and i ended up returning the psu. Read up on jump starting your particular psu and see if that gives you anything.

are you sure all the button wires are in the correct position on the mobo... not all cases are standard in that respect. it may something as simple as they're on backwards...

How do I jump start my PSU?

I even tried putting the connectors on backwards...still no go.

Hmm alright I hooked up my old PSU onto the mobo and new case, but right when I connect the power to the psu my mobo turns on for just a split second then it stops? I unplug the power cable from the psu and plug it back in, it does the same thing..tries to run for just a split second then dies. This happens when I dont even press the power button...even though when I press my power button it doesnt turn on either?

ok... setup your system with out the case... put the mobo on top of it's box, plug in all the peices/parts, and go from there... then take your old case and see if you can connect the jumper wires... strange I know, but if everything works, and it powers up with no problems, then sorry to say this but it's human error, and it's something you are doing...

it has to be the case power button isnt in the correct pin on his mobo, only explanation,
or its mislabled, look in the case book and mobo area for those connections

hmm, sounds like the curse of the new case...J/K..haha, but lemme get this straight, it runs in the old case, but wont run in anyother case? does it run on a desk(caseless) its gotta be somethin with the mobo standoffs, or maybe theres somethin in the ps, like a screw, have you checked that? hook up your old button pannel to the mobo, in the new case(wires in new case might be mislabeled) and try to run it. if you have to, use a continuity testor to find which pair is the wires for the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom