~ Odd Problem ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
I know this is kinda off topic but i just got myself a stereo system off my friend and the outlet plug needs some attachment in order to plug it to the main wall outlet. I cut the cable and i need to find out which cable is negative and which is positive because the plug im looking at has one cable brown and the other blue. im trying to replace this odd plug with a standard one so it fits in the wall out let.

Any suggestions?

Its a Kenwood RXD-DV50

sorry couldn't get pic. of it so i drew it :)

You may have to open the stereo case and see which is which from the inside, maybe labelled?

A qhick search on Google only yielded pay sites for your model number. Darn!

ya i did open it up but no labell , i tried checking every manual by googleing it but u got 2 pay. (cheap B*******)

i dont want to screw up because its a 50/50 chance either it blows or it works. and i just got it to.

Not listing you location leaves readers having to guess what county your in. I'm going to take a chance that you're not in the US, which means that you are looking at a 230V system. If you look at the plug with the terminals facing you, and with the ground on top, the terminal on the left is blue, and the one on the right is brown.

im from Canada Ontario and its a 240v system.
there is no ground terminal but if there would be ur probably right

one other problem seems lik there not enough power to get this thing running properly because all the lights aren't lighting bright as they suppose to be the disc changer wont move or even open, so sound,etc

look at the screws, usually they are colored. Silver, gold and green. Silver is hot, green I THINK is neutral, and gold is ground. Make absolutley sure, though, because if you wire it wrong you WILL fry the stereo and possibly energize the case and shock yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom