Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok my aunt/uncle got a new HP computer a couple months ago. Here are the specs:
amd 3700 at 2.2
1gb dual channel pc 3200
onboard 64mb xpress 200.

Ok so they told me the **** thing runs slow and we have ALOT of pop-ups. I didnt even have to go on the pc to see pop-ups well, just pop up! I started by getting rid of all those rediculous programs in add/remove programs (Bonzi buddy, wild tangent, and some other stuff). I then installed Ewido, AVG, AD-aware, and spybot sd. I ran those scans in safe mode and normal mode and everything seemed to be fine. But they wanted more and knew what had to be done. They told me to get rid of every **** thing HP put on this pc, so I did and now this pc screams. I still think a reformat would have been easier since they have a xp pro cd next to me and all the programs on cds but they didnt want to.

Ok wait this is ****ed up. I just got yelled at because of what I did when they told me to. W/e its still faster and runs better.

Oh I had to get off sorry, my question was, was it a good idea to delete all the HP stuff and was switching to avg and ewido and all that a good idea as well. Should I put all the bogus crap back in or talk him into keeping what I got running?

uninstall what you don't want or just download a plain xp cd but install it using your key from hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom