So much info, non perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, just wanted to ask a simple quick question, using search Icould not find the a nswer...

Okay, my case (x-alien server) came with 2 UV Sensitive LED fans, now, I do know that UV means when you add in a UV LED they will glow more, however I am unsure if sensitive means they give it off or they glow when a UV light is added in. Also with them being LEDs as is, wouldn't UV be drowned out?

basically it like a black light... they are nothing but UV lights. So when you introduce the "glow in the dark" colors.... guess what... UV reactive wires, molex, etc... but they won't "give" off anything until the light is introduced

UV stands for ultra violet. uv reactive things will glow when UV light hits them. uv is not detectable to the human eye, when u have a UV cold cathode tube or led it usually looks like a black light (it kind of glows a blue-ish color). when it hits uv reactive objects or paint, the object/paint is a bright florecent color.

uv reactive is scientifically harmless. The meaning by that is, all things that are visible reflect/asborb light accordingly...so on a low level, if you can see it you will get some radiation.

But don't freak out, it's the same harmless radiation you get from everyday visible objects....like fruit, books, trees...cat

:)

to better understand it, in natural observation sense...go get yourself a scorpion...they are uv reactive.

and the uv wouldn't really be drowned out...it gives a different spectral resonance, kind of like looking through 3d glasses, either the grey smokey kind or funky blue/red kind

hey, sry to high jack the thread but are the UV CC's harmful to your eyes? This question has bugged me for a while now

no. not at all. try looking at the sun on a good day, that will probabally mess up your eyes if you're trying to do something like that.

well UV is harmful...it's unavoidable though of course not to glimpse it but do not just look at uv light for the fun of it.

It is one thing to position the uv light sources to reflect on objects and another to view the beam directly. Much as in visible lasers. They may not seem harmful, but they advise against looking directly at them for a reason.

a uv tube though does not give out a concentrated amount of uv light. if there was a laser of it, say a powerful led uv light, i wouldnt recommend looking at it for too long... the cc is fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom