what is bios use for

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you wanted to get technical or dig into which is more correct, CMOS Setup is.

At least according to Comptia, There is a question that may or not may be on your test that may be phrased similarly to this "What is the name of the menu you access to change things such as the date and time" and ACCORDING TO THEM (not me, this is why I said I learned it this way) they say the correct answer to that question is CMOS Setup.

Outside of comptia most people use BIOS Setup, but so long as you know both can be used to describe the same thing, then it doesn't really matter.

dcc said:
There are still boards out there that have EPROMs, and require a programer to burn the BIOS. These are known as ROM-BIOS.

Oh And ROM means Read only memory, So the EPROM actualy takes the place of ROM so now a days most BIOS are EPROM or EEPROM. IF you can find a motherboard with ROM the you get a cookie. ( My old A+ Class is filled with them -shudders-)

how about take data from cmos.i heard it from my friend,we can take data from bios,plzzz some one tell me n what is a command to do it

Rephrase your questions. I don't understand.

You access the BIOS through the CMOS Setup (the way I learned it so Don't even start about that again) You change settings which the BIOS reads from the CMOS.

i have a problem with my H/Disk n i can run it .my friend told me the only way 2 take data in my H/Disk is using bios,but i don`t know how 2 make it n what command 2 run it plzzz help me:(

IF you wanted to get technical or dig into which is more correct, CMOS Setup is.

At least according to Comptia, There is a question that may or not may be on your test that may be phrased similarly to this "What is the name of the menu you access to change things such as the date and time" and ACCORDING TO THEM (not me, this is why I said I learned it this way) they say the correct answer to that question is CMOS Setup.

Outside of comptia most people use BIOS Setup, but so long as you know both can be used to describe the same thing, then it doesn't really matter.

i concede defeat. you my friend may also take a cookie :) but you'll have to take one of your own because a bit more than a hop skip and a jump to your home ;)

Yea. But I wasn't trying to win, I was only relaying information.

Besides, who cares what Comptia thinks. A+ is widly regaurded as a joke anyways.
Which it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom