Build in progress: w/Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update for the moment, everythings assembled, somewhat managed the cables, but cut corners doing so, so obviously the psu cables bundled up at the top look like a rats nest for now. Also getting the scythe infinity mounted was torture, obviously from how the case is setup, but I'm expecting it'll be worth it with the hopefully good air flow. Haven't powered it up yet, the 4pin connector for power doesn't reach, so I have to get an extension, possible updates later tonight if I can get the extension. Hopefully nothing is defective as well.

build011eo1.jpg

I've read good reviews on the PSU, and lots of folks recommend Seasonics, and I had to use the breakfast table instead to put it together, but still needed more room lol.

Yeah that case is aewsome, a nice upgrade from your old one :D.....what was wrong with that mushkin psu?? that sux when cables dont reach...they are eiher too long or too short... :{

Thanks dr dmoney...

And mrcoffee, strangest thing about the psu screws, I don't think the seasonic came with any, I could be wrong since a little bag of screws fell on the floor, but I had soo much junk that I'm not sure if they came with the psu. Also they're the same type of screws that came with my case, so I hope I don't fry the thing if they're not the right screws lol.

they're the same thread as a normal case screw but they're about 1mm shorter... Believe me that 1mm can make a big difference.

If you look at the back of the PSU where the screws go in you can see that 3 of the screws have load of clearance but one backs right up onto some sort of rubber coated transformer... put a sandard case screw in that one and theres a chance you'll go through that rubber and create a short.

Sorry vaderpro, I somehow missed your post, was tired last night... theres a review that johnnyguru off of xtreme systems did on the mushkin psu, and showed that the voltages aren't consistent. Instead of taking the risk and running it with my setup, I just went ahead and bought a more reputable psu, as protection hopefully.

Mrcoffee, the screws were about the same length as my case screws, maybe 1mm shorter but can't tell you honestly, but the tiny baggy carried only 4 screws so most likely they came w/ the psu, I'm hoping so at least.

Got an update, the rig is working fine, except for the front and rear fan, I probably have to turn them on through the BIOS right? They're connected directly to the mobo, and I thought my hard drive was DOA, but if you take a look at the images below, you'll see a black computer screen w/ a message that I didn't catch.

build012cs8.jpg

build013lv1.jpg

build016nl1.jpg

build017mc6.jpg

build014vb6.jpg

build015rj3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom