Barebone for photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domaso

Beta member
Hi all,

I'm planing to buy a barebone PC with integrated graphics, for photoshop only (I have separate PC for games, so I don't need barebone to be very powerful).

This is the barebone: ASUS P1-AH1 (with integrated GeForce 6150)
Other parts that will be put in barebone:
3200+ Athlon 64 CPU
7200rpm 80 GB hard drive
1GB RAM

What do you think, will this be enough to work with Photoshop CS2? Will I be able to work fluently with it, enough power for photoshop?

Thanks for your answers!

Should be okay. You might want to consider 2GB RAM, but if you can't afford it, that rig is fine for CS2.

Are the advantages significant with 2GB RAM? How much more efficient (in percent approx)?

Hard to express the performance increase in percentage terms, since double the RAM will not give you double the performance. You might see a 10% decrease in loading times. I reckon that's about it.

Thanks for help magouster, I'll have 1GB and if there will be need for more, I'll buy another 1GB. Thanks again for answers.

It will run photoshop fine. If I could run it with 128mb SDRAM on my old system, you can manage it with 1gb :D

Yes I know it runs, but how it runs. The main thing about barebones is that it has integrated graphics card which uses a piece of overall system power, so I wonder if that reduced power will be enough for photoshop. The main reason that I'm choosing barebone is that I want the PC case to be as small as possible, and also barebones saves some $ over the usual PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom