question

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
ok i am interested in oc ing my comp but am new to pcs my new mobo ,biostar t force 6100, has auto overclocking capabilities. my question is are these even worth using there is three settings being a range small medium and extreme. i would like to oc for gaming purposes my rig runs ok but would just like to see if i can get more out of it. the rest of my comp is 2 gigs of elixir ram 2*1024 2 160 gig seagate ide hds 7600 gs nvidia graphics card creative audigy 4 sound card. thank u all for your help in advance u are all always very helpful this is one of the best forums i have found on the net

What CPU do you have?

As for auto-overclocking, I think it's better if you overclock manually, more control over what gets overclocked, and what not. Your RAM for instance, will not overclock too good, I know, I had those for a while.

when i use the auto overclock i do see some performance boost but my concern like you had mentioned previously that my memory is not overclocked and i am just not sure if this is the optimal setting for my computer i wanted to ask someone wih more knowledge on the subject to see what issues each method present

Try your hand at manual overclocking to see what it does. That's all I can suggest. Put the memory on a divider, and increase the FSB slightly, and see what happens. It's hard for us to say if auto-overclocking uses optimal settings for your PC, because we don't technically have nearly enough info. Test it with benchmark programs like SiSoftware Sandra, 3DMark05/06, PCMark05 etc etc at different levels of overclocking to find the settings that seem to make the biggest difference in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom