iertutil.dlll was not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
OK, I need some help.

After some major changes (moved to the latest nVidia drivers, installed IE7) and a crash (BF2 crashed to blue screen), WMP couldn't access the internet. So I used System Restore.

Well, it didn't work. Instead, it hung up during reboot. And, now, When I boot, I get:
"This application has failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
The application in question is explorer.exe :angry:

Anyway, I need to know te best way to go about this, since my comp is basically useless right now (using my wife's/my old computer right now). And formatting IS NOT AN OPTION!!! so save the key strokes.

I was thinking of trying a repair, but I'm not sure that the Windows disk I have is the same as what I'm running (lonmg story, but they are both legit). Also, I do not have my Windows key, and can't get into my computer to get it (right now)... do I need it to do a repair?

Well, looks like I'm screwed. I've tried to repair it several times, and it crashes to BSoD. :( Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall it after all, but not tonight. I'm headed off to work, but I hate leaving my rig in the shape it's in.

The biggest pain will be reinstalling everything else, like games and stuff. Well, the main game is BF2... thankfully all my account info is stored online. But I dread all the downloading... and updating...

Same thing. Can't use System Restore, as I can't get into Windows. Safe Mode, same thing.

what does the error say
I'm at work right now, and don't have it with me. I got IRQ_Less_than_or_equal once, and just STOP a few times. i wrote down the error codes, though. Each time I got a generic STOP, the codes were the same.

I thought of something here at work, though. I don't have my Windows key written down (that I can find). I have a copy of Knoppix somewhere... Can I use it (Knoppix) to get my key? If so, where do I need to look?

IRQ_Less_than_or_equal is either conflicting programs or bad ram

bart pe has a plugin to find your key. I'll boot from it in the morning and tell you the name of it

Thanks, Eric.

Unless the RAM went BOOM, it was fine. Has been fine the whole time I've had this computer.

I'm wondering if the initial crash with BF2 was due to new graphics drivers. I had installed them that morning after uninstalling the old ones and cleaning the registry with CCleaner.

Is there a way to repace iertutil.dll outside of Windows?

OK, here's the error codes.

For IRQ_Less_then_ or_equal:
0x0000000A (0X0063006D, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804F350A)

For STOP:
0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x89DBE9D6, 0xBACFBAE8, 0xBACFB7E4)

While trying to do the repair, I get the same IRQ error. It happens right after Windows asks about installing the drivers for Realtek (non-signed... does it whether you answer Yes or No).

Thanks for any and all help, guys. This is like having a family member in the hospital. ::sniff, sniff::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom