New Rig, Big Probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floppy... yer kidding right... I dont have one and have no reason to have ever considered buying one even... what idiot in what technology sector decided to still use a floppy for anytying in this day and age?

Floppys are required to flash the bios on Intel boards, probably the same case with yours, maybe not, they're only $5-10 not much man, just pick one up at best buy tommorow. Actually Best Buy isn't a good option to pick up a FDD, try circuit city, radioshack, compusa, fry's, microcenter, or local computer shops instead.

I don't think a usb floppy will work outside of windows, I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that it would work. Best option is to just get a regular floppy drive.

Stop and realize... I cant USE a regualr floppy since i have to wayto get the BIOS Flash data ONTO a floppy drive. I only have a laptop at my disposal right now and was trying to build a new tower. Just getting an internal floppy drive for the tower woudl be kinda pointless.

Download the bios utility from the manufacturer's website onto the laptop, then use a brand new floppy disk, and transfer the files onto the disk from the laptop, it'll still be able to flash the bios on the other pc once you set the mobo into recovery mode (research on how to do so, check manual).

No, we're not, but it is the only option/idea I have come across thus far. Suffice it to say that I am becoming very frustrated wiht this matter as I spent a lot of money (from my perspective and wallet size) on this and I can't get the **** thing to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom