HELP!!! artifacting majorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
here goes: playing bf2, started artifacting like crazy all over the place. restarted, same thing even on dekstop screen. took out everything w/c related, put back on golden orb and vf-700. every once in a while it would stop glitching on startup, but then the next time it started again. i cleaned off all traces of the voltmod. so my question is, can artifacting be from the graphics card only or could it be coming from someplace else in the pc?

i just cleared the cmos, switching hd's, still artifacting on startup, and can't get past some message that says "please set boot priority, press any key blah blah" im thinking its my mobo now. my main question is: can artifacting come from a motherboard instead of a video card?

I've never heard of artifacting coming from a motherboard (unless it's onboard video, which yours isnt). Are you positive that your graphics card is at stock settings, resetting the BIOS won't change any graphics card overclocks since they are usually done in programs in windows.

And setting boot priority means well... setting the boot priority. Since you reset the BIOS it might be a feature of your motherboard to ask you every time, so just do it.

It means the order of things to check for an OS to boot off of, so put your hard drive with windows first on the priority list.

Edit- After looking at your specs I have another theory as to why it may be artifacting. That power supply probably isn't very good for what your system specs are. A 7900gt and a dual core processor like that sucks up quite a bit of power, you might want one in the 600 range if you can.

i havent overclocked it for a long time, so it would be at stock settings, i checked a while back.

Try this for kicks, unplug all your optical drives, and all the case fans and all the hard drives except for the one with windows on it. Then try booting into windows and see if you get the artifacting (you will have to set the boot sequence though, that's not a problem or anything though).

i think my IDE hd is dead. im currently setting up windows on my new raptor, no artifacting yet even though its just on the blue windows screen. could a hard drive that shorted out cause it to artifact?

i wouldnt have thought so, it is a gpu problem. bad HDD would mean corrupt data or something...

R1C0CH3T You really should get a better PSU, you are risking your hardware having that one in it. I seriously doubt that the hard drive caused any graphical errors, the hard drive isn't even accessed much usually during games after stuff is in ram.

You should have a 500+ Watt quality power supply in there.

If yours right now is just a generic brand 420 watt PSU then it means it's even worse then a real 420 watt one since a lot of generic ones label them based on peak wattage rather than the average.

My hardware is no where near as good as yours and I have a 420 Watt high quality Antec power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom