HELP WITH MCE2k5!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerHappy92

Solid State Member
alright so to make a long story short, windows will boot up properly, but it gets stuck just before the login screen. where it says" windows" but none of the choices are displayed yet. usually i see this screen for about 1-2 seconds. right now, ive left it there for an hour and it wont change. ive googled the problem, and tried to fix it, but it just wont go. i tried booting into safemode too, no avail. i would have no problems wiping my harddrive (i have all my data backed up) but whenever i try to do system recovery (its an HP thing, since my computer is an HP) it wont open. i just need help on what to do next. the thing is, i dont have the windows install disc, because the OS came preinstalled on my computer. everything before the pre-login screen works fine, but the pre-login screen wont go away. i cant C+A+D, and i cant do anything except move my mouse around. multiple reboots still dont fix the problem. please help!

PS- excuse any gramatical errors, i needed to write this in a rush!

EDIT:
system specs:
3800+
watercooled 7600GS
1.5 gigs
seagate 200gig 7200

i ran checkdisk using BartPE, but it came up with no errors.

use the bartpe cd to do a windows repair. boot from the bart pe cd. head to the I386 folder on the C drive and click the winnt.exe or the winnt32.exe.

by the way back that I386 folder up.

anyway it will start windows setup. follow the instruction. when the computer reboot, don't install windows, pick the repair option

EricB said:
use the bartpe cd to do a windows repair. boot from the bart pe cd. head to the I386 folder on the C drive and click the winnt.exe or the winnt32.exe.

by the way back that I386 folder up.

anyway it will start windows setup. follow the instruction. when the computer reboot, don't install windows, pick the repair option

alright man, will do, where do i back it up too though?

that is your windows folder. if you have cd burning enable in bart pe use that otherwise back it up to an usb hard drive

EricB said:
that is your windows folder. if you have cd burning enable in bart pe use that otherwise back it up to an usb hard drive

whats the significance of backing it up? because i only ahve one dvd burner and my USB devices either arent working properly, or are too small to fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom