What Kind Of Pc U Guys Prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you think Dell is the number one computer seller... and right behind them is HP, and Sony... but I like HP support better than H3ll's, eer... Dell's... :p

which kind of equipment u guys prefor me to install on it if i decide to build my own pc and if i decide to buy a alrighty made pc whick company u guys prefer thanks for input

I'll let you know right now that dell is NOT the way to go. For 1500 dollars you get a system that isn't as good as a self build, and has amost absolutely no upgradeability. I would go with HP for a pre-built. Their isn't an incredible amount to learn with a self build, im about do build my first. Spend a little bit of time researching it, get to know what components you need, read a guide or two, and youre pretty much set. I spent about 2 weeks on these forums just asking questions, and learning from these people, and now i can say I know a great deal more than I did before. Pre build aren't as daunting as you might think, just look into it and see if thats the way you wanna go.

JoshSB said:
Ya Bee, I sometimes forget about the fact that most people I meet have no idea what RAM is and insist on calling the tower the CPU which makes me slightly urked.. =)

I applaud people when they call the tower the CPU. Most of the time they call it the "modem" or "hard drive", or even worse, the "box thingy".

beedubaya said:
I applaud people when they call the tower the CPU. Most of the time they call it the "modem" or "hard drive", or even worse, the "box thingy".

Wow, have not run into one of them yet yeesh.

Oh and spartan I also did the same thing you are doing, I had some previous experience pulling a computer apart and puting it together again in class (it was a computer that was about 10 years old) so I wasn't entirely certain of what I was doing but TF is one of the best places to learn.

Shop around, and around and around. Thats my best advice, make sure you find the best price, for the best products. Whats the best product? It's all really opinion. You can get alot of great reviews of new products, such as motherboards, video cards, RAM, etc, here or at Newegg.com They're are plenty of PC building guides out there, but don't copy them exactly, do your own thing. For your situation, I would say get an All In Wonder card from ATI, I have two 9600XTs and they're great cards. Infact, I have a computer for sale with one it in. PM or email me if you're interested

The General said:
You dun noe nothing? Is it that hard to type "I don't know anything" ... come on now.

If you don't know anything about the inside of a computer and want to buy a prebuilt, then buy any of them as they are all equally unreliable.

Indubitable truth.

You should definitely buy your own. And if you decide to buy a prebuilt, for the love of God, don't go with Dell

Originally posted by JoshSB
Oh and spartan I also did the same thing you are doing, I had some previous experience pulling a computer apart and puting it together again in class (it was a computer that was about 10 years old) so I wasn't entirely certain of what I was doing but TF is one of the best places to learn.

Yeah ive kind of looked around at what makes this piece of crap dell work a time or two, just so i know what it should look like when im done. Im ordering next week, hopefully ill be building next friday. But to whoever started this thread(i forgot your name lol) the computer im gonna build is really good for about 1300 dollars. With 1500 dollars you could build something that could last you a good while.

LoL and of course a 1300 machine translates into about 1800-2000 dollar buy prebuilt, and of course the one you make is with quality parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom