Space Ninja Pirate
Aight, I just finished putting this together:

AMD 4200 x2
x1800xt
2x 1GB Patriot 667
ECS KA3 MVP mobo
Samsung 160GB HD
LG Combo Drive

Well I turned it on and it posted fine, I tossed in teh WIndows install disc and started formatting teh HD. I stepped away for a few seconds to go grab food (it had already started formatting) and when I came back the system was dead. THe PC seemed to be working (lights, fans and such) but I had nothign on screen. So I rebooted and now all it does is give me a Operating System load failure. I cannot even seem to get in to try and format teh HD and start from scratch. I would REALLY apprecitae any light anyone here could shine on my problem, I have been looking forward to this rig for a while and am rather depressed that it is not working.

Change the bios to boot from cd, and boot from the windows cd. If you can get in windows setup, try angain from where you left off. I never had a problem like that, so I could be wrong. See if it works. You may have a harddrive problem., but probally not.

No luck, I come to a creen that lists all PCI devices, at teh top of my scrren it lists my HD, and then it just says Error Loading Operating System. Is it possible the OS disc is bad?

Possiblity. Try a different harddrive from a old pc if you have one. It could be you harddrive. It could be the disk, if you have a older verson of windows try to instal that first and see if it works. Even if it is win98. Well, going to bed now so I hope you get it fixed.

Unfortunately I am wihtout either a spare HD or compy of windows. I have been a laptop person in the past and this is the first regular tower I have had. Grr... this is very frustrating.

I've never installed or downloaded Windows vista, but if you get ahold of a copy and burn it to a DVD if you can, then give that a try, hopefully nothings wrong or defective with your computer, whatever the problem is, I hope its just your CD of XP and nothing electronically.

dont worry just keep searching everyone does somthing dumb on there first build. lol that sure gave you a boost in confidence...

There in is part of the problem. WHen I search around for poeple who have had similar issues, no one seems to ben able to help them. THe only SOMETIMES working option seems to be to flash the bios, soemthing I cant really do since I am doing a raw install.

ANyone know how to flash a BIOS off a burned CD? I have 4 different files in the KA3 BIOS update. DO I just bruin me all? Is there anything speical I woudl ahve to do to make teh computer recognize the disc and Flash the BIOS properly?

*THESE STEPS ARE EXAMPLES!*

I think you have to put it on a floppy, would be best to get a brand new floppy that has never been used, and format it or not (forgot what Intel says) then place files on floppy, and then take off the jumper on the mobo to set it in recovery mode, then pop in floppy and start pc and listen to the beeps, etc. Thats for my Intel mobo though, don't know how it would work with your mobo though. Probably in the manual or website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom