What is your opinion on retail xp pro compared to oem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have used oem on almost all of my installs but the last one had a problem when the mobod went bad right away. When I installed the new mobod it wouldn't let me use the key because it was oem and it said a hardware change. Microsoft is not very understaning about this. What is your opinion on the matter?

As long as the oem cd is around the same age or newer then the key and it alow's you to install it, it should make no difference. The oem copy and the retail copy are exactly the same (except the bloat ware). If you get it installed and its the activation that is giving you problems and as long as you have a valid CD key all you have to do is call microsoft and tell them you changed the motherboard and they will ask you how many pc's do you have it installed on and after you say one they will revalidate your key to that motherboard.

ingeborgdot said:
I have used oem on almost all of my installs but the last one had a problem when the mobod went bad right away. When I installed the new mobod it wouldn't let me use the key because it was oem and it said a hardware change. Microsoft is not very understaning about this. What is your opinion on the matter?

you got to add those 4 letters word when you talk to ms.

Re: Re: What is your opinion on retail xp pro compared to oem

EricB said:
you got to add those 4 letters word when you talk to ms.

Oh crap I forgot to mention that thanks for pointing that out Eric, :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom