Challenge Project for school build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
I have this thing at my school called a Challenge Project which you have to do a project that takes a least 30 hours and is a challenge to you. so i choose to build a computer. i have to present this to some teachers in order to graduate so yeah semi big deal but im in no hurry. i have a year. lol anyway my mom said she would fund some of this project im probably gonna sell my laptop to get the rest of the funds.

anyway i wanna make this more flashy than performance just fyi... lol

i wanna start off with an completely acrylic or clear plexiglass case just something completely see thru.

second i wanna get a water cooling system with clear tubes and run uv reactive liquid thru them. and obviously get some uv lights

LOTS OF LIGHTS

third and finally i wanna have a set of switches like the airplane flip switch things to turn on the water cooler and some of the uv lights then have an ENGINE START button as the power on button lol

so yeah basically im trying to ask whats the best pc i could build for around $1000
then if you guys would mention some cool lights or cool flashy things you seen for pcs that arent outrageously expensive

in total ill have around 1600-1800 to spend on this but this include comp keyboard mouse and monitor. planning to spend around 400 on the monitor itself

so im kinda asking whats the best pc to build for $1000

edit: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/pcmods/701c/
oh those are sweet i wanna get 2 cheap ram modules adding up to at least 1 gig so 2 512mb

dude 1k will be close with a GOOD watercooling looking setup, but i guess u can get a REALLY bad processor and crap this sounds fun if i ahd more time i would whip somethin up

clear cases that stay together for more than a week are hard to come by, they are very hard to transport cause they are flimsy most dont come assembled

i would check frozencpu.com for watercooling, new egg is hard for that stuff unless u get a really expensive kit which isnt worth it
and its defiantly asomething that u learn in a day, really, but other stuff should be easy to figure out

vipercrazed said:
dude 1k will be close with a GOOD watercooling looking setup, but i guess u can get a REALLY bad processor and crap this sounds fun if i ahd more time i would whip somethin up

clear cases that stay together for more than a weekare hard to come by, they are very hard to transport cause they are flimsy most dont come assembled

well my total to be able to spend would be close to 2k round 800 but that means i have to go with a crap monitor but i guess i can live with that for the time being and earn more up since i will be using a school projector for my presentation

i want it to be a decent system but not over the top cause i want it to be flashy (better grade lol) looks like i put more time/effort into it

most clear cases dont come assembled but they have screws and screwing a case together is pretty much like unscrewing the battery remote cover off something so any idiot could do that

what kinda tv u have in ur house? if its a lcd or plasma u can use that, and some crt's have it too mine does but its crappy, look for a rbg input on the back, its black and has alot of holes

a good monitor can cost like $450, but u can get like a 20 inch for like 280 sometimes

i was just saying about the cases because of the fact the come in peices there hasnt been any thought of it being sturdy cause its really not possible just screwing sides together, theres no perfect fit or seal.

yea that mem is cool, i use a crab mem cooler, has two leds on top and they cycle through like 5 colors, and two little blue led fans under them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom